Friday 2 October 2015

Main influences

I have decided to take aspects from various filming styles and genres to create my short film. Respectively, the two most significant genres being crime and western, as I find those most thrilling.



The Good, The Bad and The Ugly (Sergio Leone)
Snatch is a Spaghetti Western that is highly regarded as one of the best westerns of all time. Having grown up watching Sergio Leone's films, a lot of my knowledge of building tension has come from his films. The most significant scene being the Mexican standoff towards the end of 'The Good, The Bad and The Ugly'.

Snatch (Guy Ritchie)
I consider Guy Ritchie the king of British crime-thrillers, iconically combining both humour and action to create unexpectedly thoroughly enjoyable scenarios.

Pulp Fiction (Quentin Tarantino)
I personally find that this 1995 thriller features aspects from both the western and crime-thriller genre very heavily. Shots and dialogue both build the tone in scenes to create a suspense as well as entertainment.
I wish to use similar shots for pure dialogue scenes in order to make them more eventful than a typical dialogue scene in Hollywood drama's.

No comments:

Post a Comment