Saturday 24 October 2015

Storyboard 1st sequence

For my opening scene I took inspiration from establishing shots from 'Topboy' and a dialogue scene from 'Pulp Fiction' as I lacked initial ideas. Each shot uses low-key-lighting and is used to establish a location/character(s). I hoped that by combining multiple filming styles I could be inspired to create something new, furthering my understanding of what I wanted to make.


After drawing each frame and adding some labels I had a classmate review my storyboard and advise me on what improvements to make. He noted that I should add more labels to give more specific detail to each individual shot and their transitions. However I have not yet included shot times due to the fact I don't know how long my short films will be, and need to think of pace once I know the plot and begin sequencing.



After drawing out this first scene I decided to ask Ashley, a friend in my media class, what he thought of it. He responded by complimenting the visual representation, but said that in order to improve I must add more notes about editing and shot types. I may change the location of this sequence once I have location scouted, but I would like to keep most shots the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment