Tuesday 26 January 2016

Class feedback

After filming and editing my first draft of Field of Snakes I was able to screen it to my class and receive feedback. I took questions and notes from the audience in order to understand how this draft was the revived.

The main problems with this draft pointed out by many classmates were the bad colour correction as well as audio issues. These are both technical issues that I faced by not anticipating how lighting would change/appear in the editing process. I therefore had to over-filter both audio and visuals to which resulted in it looking messy.

This is an issue that can be avoided next time during both filming and editing. I will ensure that lighting is clear and clean so that skin tone stays the same and everything in shots remains similar between shots.

People however could easily identify my short film as a crime-thriller which I consider an achievement. This, I would imagine, is a result of both the writing and mis-en-scene.

No comments:

Post a Comment