Monday 18 January 2016

Music choice


I have chosen to use segments from three tracks within my film, although this may be reduced to only two due to lack time.

Here are various song choices I have to play throughout sections of the film:

Intro:


Mid:
Al Green - Let's Stay Together
Smokey Robinson - You Really Got a Hold on Me

Outro:


One dilemma I am faced with is whether or not to use the song 'Let's Stay Together' within my film. I will use it as reference in my first draft, but am exploring other music of the same genre which may fit the film the same. The reason for this being that the song is famously used in Quentin Tarantino's 1994 classic 'Pulp Fiction'. As I am already taking heavy inspiration from this film, I do not want to be seen as copying the song from that film.

I first realised this issue after viewing the latest Suicide Squad trailer which uses the song 'Bohemian Rhapsody' by Queen, which I immediately associated with Wayne's World. This connection lessened my immersion somewhat. This is also a problem I have with the use of 'Be My Baby' by the Ronettes in Dirty Dancing. I personally find the use of this song in Mean Streets to be very powerful, so when it is used in Dirty Dancing it sounds out of place and disappointing.


No comments:

Post a Comment