Monday 29 June 2015

Advert brief production overview

Whilst researching this brief, I did not find too much content released by previous students taking the course. I did however look into popular advertisements over the past few decades- short TV sponsorship's included. These two tasks interest me as they both focus on persuading a customer to buy a product, a skill which I found useful and practiced greatly for my English language GCSE.
Through studying popular adverts either marketing famous products or ones that have gone viral, I have found that entertaining the audience using humor and action are very common. Moreover, many adverts contain bizarre, exaggerated and unrealistic scenario's in order to engage the audience. Engaging the audience appears to be the most vital part of creating an advert, followed by portraying that product as something the audience should invest time and/or money in.



I feel that, so long as I meet these two key goals, I can produce a good product. However, it is very hard to create something that seems unique and genuine because many forms and genres of TV adverts have already been produced by other companies.



Therefore, if I am to choose this brief, I believe the research and planning stages will be extremely significant over the practical stages of filming and editing.

No comments:

Post a Comment