Wednesday 24 June 2015

Short film brief overview

For this brief I will have to produce a five minute short film along with a promotional poster and film magazine page. Although I think this brief takes the longest time to complete out of all of them, I have previous experience in making short films and think that gives me a huge advantage over the other briefs. Despite this, I feel that without a group the production of the video may prove very difficult in comparison to the others; I will need a lot of help for classmates in order to film my piece if I choose this task. In saying this, I will still research, storyboard, film, direct, produce, and edit the film by myself. The writing and screenplay is my favorite aspect of film-making, and I feel I will spend a lot of time working on this. I can also incorporate a lot of my year 12 learning into this stage of filming due to analyzing mise-en-scene in my theory lessons.

I have been watching many short films from various genres recently, and have discovered that short films can vary from a documentary on weight loss to a pure action flick (Narco). In knowing this, I believe I have more freedom with this brief than any others, although I already feel I would be more comfortable in some genres than others. For example, from viewing comedies and emotional dramas, I feel they would be very hard to write due to the complex scripts and pinpoint execution in order to make the audience feel emotion. I think my forte in this brief would be to focus on a thriller genre. Despite this, I may be over reliant on my previous experience in making a thriller, as last time I only had to make an opening. This brief however requires an equilibrium, disequilibrium, and re-equilibrium.

No comments:

Post a Comment